This summer I had the opportunity to work as an EFY counselor. Let me tell you, it is THE greatest job in the entire world. I felt like I was on a mini-mission or something and I LOVED it. The theme this year was D&C 115:5--"Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations." So, incidentally, everything we did every week was focused on missionary work. Living in happy valley, Orem, Utah my whole life has given me the idea that I don't need to do missionary work because, well, everyone I know is already LDS. I thought I had it easy, but man, I was wrong. EFY gave me a new perspective on missionary work and its importance. It should be something we do every day through the things we think, say, and do. The youth of this church are simply AMAZING. They taught me so much more than I taught them. I love the youth of this church.
Along with having great spiritual experiences, EFY is filled with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. I met so many wonderful people--youth, counselors, session directors, and even the people serving us food at the Cannon Center were so happy and exuberant. It made me even more grateful for this gospel and the joy it brings into our lives. EFY changes lives. We had a joke (I don't know if it's appropriate to call it that...but oh well) that EFY should be called EFC (Especially for the Counselors) because it's just as great of an experience for each of us as it is for the youth. I LOVE EFY!
The church (and EFY) is true, the sky is blue, and life. is. good. :)
Here are some pictures from my weeks at EFY. Hopefully they somewhat convey how great it was--but, they are just pictures after all. Enjoy!
 |
| A few of my girls from Provo 3D. |
 |
| Co-Counselors! Session Provo 4B. |
 |
| Some company love..aww |
 |
| Commitment banner--"We commit to kneeling in prayer and reading our scriptures every day for the rest of our lives." |
 |
| Elise and Julia! Two of my roommates. |
 |
| Ohhh games night. Always a good time. |
 |
| The greatest snow cones ever! And counselors get them for free! Score! |
 |
| My girls in session Provo 5B. |
 |
| Co's! Session 5B. |
 |
| Morgan and Morgan! (Man, I feel bad for him. He has a girl name.) |
 |
| Co's! Provo 9B. |
 |
| Right Hand of Glory! |
 |
| Water duty--super entertaining. |
.jpg) |
| Counselors! Provo 3D session. |
 |
| Co's! Provo 3D. |
I am so glad you had fun! I had a great time feeling the Spirit and having fun with you as my counselor! Love ya!
ReplyDelete