Yesterday was Jake's farewell and, let me tell you, it was so good. He is such a good speaker and a very talented writer so the two put together equals an amazing farewell talk. It's such a weird feeling to be at this point in our lives where Jake is leaving on his mission. Like in two days. Crazy. For the past 19 years it has seemed so far away...but now it's here. I thought by then I'd feel all old or something but, no, I still feel like a baby and he does not seem old enough for a mission. Where does time go?! When I was little I imagined myself fully married and with like three kids by the time Jake was leaving hahaha. But, clearly, that would be freaky if that were the current situation. I could not be happier for him--he is going to be AMAZING! He has such a strong testimony and is such a wonderful kid. The Costa Ricans are so lucky to have him for two years and I know they are going to adore him. I am going to miss him tons and tons while he is gone, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He has been such an example to me growing up. Being the oldest I always felt like I should be the good example, but he has ended up being the good example to me and to everyone he comes in contact with. He is going to be the best missionary--Costa Rica will not know what hit them! ;) How did I get so lucky to have such a wonderful brother? Who knows...but I would not trade him for the world.
P.S. we are going to keep a blog for Jake where we'll post letters, pictures, etc. Be sure to follow it! elderhampton.blogspot.com
 |
| Isn't he a stud?! |
 |
| Display table at the farewell |
 |
| The Hampton extended family |
 |
| Official Mission Pic! (How missionary-ish. I love it.) |
I LOVE YOU, JAKE! HAPPY MISSION!
No comments:
Post a Comment